Fire in public place: Co-op in Cowplain burns down due to electrical fault

A fire occurred in the Co-op in Milton Road, Cowplain due to an electrical fault with a freezer in the store.

At its worst, firefighters say that the flames were as high as 10ft.

Over 30 firefighters were called to help tackle the blaze which occurred on Saturday 5th January at 3pm.

A freezer is thought to have caused the blaze; a member of staff said they witness smoke coming out of it.

Hampshire Fire Service put the fire out within 40 minutes.

Three people were treated for smoke inhalation, and one was taken to the Queen Alexandra Hospital.

Personal injury caused by fire can be serious causing scars through burns and respiratory problems through smoke inhalation.

If you have been injured at work, in a fire and/or in an accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to compensation.

Swain & Co. specialist personal injury lawyers can assist you every step of the way, from your free initial consultation through to working on your behalf on a no win no fee basis and getting you the compensation you deserve.

Call us for free now on 0800 0351 999