Exposed to asbestos as a result of hospital’s failure

Contractors were exposed to asbestos due to a north east hospital’s failure. Over the weekend of the 24 and 25th March 2012, contractors were working at the Sutherland Eye Infirmary on Queen Alexandra Road when they drilled through door surrounds on a ward to install cables. The following day, a member of the Trust staff […]

Read More...

Firm’s failures leads to workers being exposed to asbestos

Significant failures of safety by a plumbing company may have led to two workers being exposed to asbestos fibres during a major refurbishment project in Aberystwyth. The workers were a site manager and a subcontractor, and they were not provided with information about the presence of asbestos while working on the project between November 2010 […]

Read More...